June’s Performance Overview
- Equity markets remained under pressure during June as investors were cautious around deteriorating macro news flow – particularly the European debt crisis and a slowing US economy.
- Commodity prices remained volatile, reflecting shifting views around China’s inflation and a weaker USD.
- June also saw the spin-off of Echo Entertainment Group and Tabcorp’s casino asset and Telstra finally announcing the details of its NBN deal with the Government.
- The Australian market (ASX 200) established a new year-to-date low before finding support around 4450 and rallying to finish the month down 2.1%.
- The ASX200 returned 11.7% (including dividends) for the 12 months to the end of June 2011.
Download the Wrap Up of the Market for June 2011 here.